Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I accidently broke my Bleeding Heart sprout?

It's early spring right now, and I saw it start to sprout a little. It's about 3 years old now. But a few days ago, i accidently broke off the sprouts. Its been like 3 days and i still don't see another sprout comin back out. Did i kill it? Will new sprouts come out again? thank you.





One more Question:





My bleeding heart plant is pretty, but its short and wide. I saw one before at the park, which was tall, like 1 1/2 meters tall. It looked like a tree form. Like, there are no leaves or branches untill the near the top, like a tree. Mines, is just like a short big wide bush. How can i make it grow tall and be like that one? I think it looks better like that.





I have a feeling, to do this, ill need to cut off the branches from the side and leave the middle one only, right? Is that how you do it, to make it grow tall instead of wide?





Thank You

I accidently broke my Bleeding Heart sprout?
Having grown Bleeding Hearts myself I would expect that the sprouts will return. Just give it a little time.


To avoid this in the fture you might mark where they are sprouting with a stake or something. Same for Peonies.





I have never seen a Bleeding Heart growing lke a tree. I don't know how you would train it to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment