Sunday, May 16, 2010

My bleeding hearts froze, when can I cut them back?

Due to the late freeze my bleeding hearts bit the dust. Can I cut them back now or do I need to wait so they will come up again next year.





Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

My bleeding hearts froze, when can I cut them back?
they should come back this season . its a perrienial and comes back every year , cut the dead off and it will resprout this season early frosts are common where I live and this is normal ,
Reply:I got my husband to dig mine up...they are still in the house..other plants seems to be coming out of it but getting cold again tonight...where is spring... can cut them back and see what happens....but hope they will come back...if not they will most likely come back next year...can get new one for like under 5 bucks...so may try planting a new one...if they both both do good then you have 2...hope it warms up soon...c in mo....


No comments:

Post a Comment